I am the proud owner… no… family member of an 11 year old dog named Lucky (I ocassionally like calling him Lawrence. I’ve no idea. I’m weird like that). So, today I’m gonna tell you guys a little bit about him and I promise I will try to not bore you. BUT! This post is kind of me introspecting and looking at stuff really differently. Just a few observations I made and its just… kind of a zen-like vibe I had once that inspired this.
So, I dont exactly remember how this started but I do remember being miserable once (oh, gee. Surprise! -_-) and I began to sit back and think…. For those of you that have a pet, I’m sure you may agree with this… but you could be having the shittiest day and you walk through the door after an exhausting day – waiting to crash and potentially die and there they are to greet you – EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. They’re always so happy to see you. You could shoo them away and they’ll still be back at it the next day with dedication and so much love. Heck, sometimes they may come back 5 minutes later with the same enthusiasm.
Dogs are such beautiful creatures and like the cliche, they really are man’s best friend. Like… think about it! You could be crying over some dumb dude who broke your heart and your dog will always be by your side. You feel the love. No judgment, no hate, no anything. They expect nothing in return. All you do is feed them and give them the ocassional pat on the head and they love you for life. They protect you and take care of you when you’re sick. Somehow, they know when you’re upset.
Have you ever thought about it…? I’ve sometimes seen owners beat their dogs and the dog holds no bitterness or grudges, it is still there for that person and loves that person. What if a dog was a person? Think along those lines. Abuse is NOT cool or acceptable at all. I am not or do not encourage it. But if that dog were a person, people would pay more attention to it. Some people that suffer abuse become so resentful and even when the other person has paid the price for it, the person victimized sometimes turns into a shitty human being looking for revenge or treats others the way they were treated. A dog isn’t like that. They are so peaceful.
My dog has taught me about patience, understanding, loyalty, integrity, soul and love. More than any person that I’ve ever known.
There have been times I’ve forgotten to feed him and he was still as loving as ever. They have the ability to melt hearts, man. For real.
Lucky taught me how to be a better friend and person by caring about others and being compassionate. Listen more, talk less. How to stop and breathe to calm anxiety before decision making. How to follow a good routine for myself to stay organized and healthy. How to do my job with full focus. How to be respectful and appreciative. How to stick to good values and what I believe in without manipulation. How to just… let go. Jealousy does not exist with him. How to not be a toxic person. How to be happier for myself and others. I could go on and on.
Let me know what you guys think! (:
That’s all for now.
Well hello, you guys! It’s been six long years since I’ve written on here. I promise, I will be better! First and foremost, here is wishing the lot of you a very Happy New Year! I hope you all get plenty of happiness, love and prosperity this year and set your heart out to achieve all that you’ve wanted, fearlessly.
Alrighty, this one is a bit real for me and kind of a sensitive topic for a lot of people but if this helps even ONE person, gosh, I’d be super happy (:
I have suffered with crippling depression, OCD and anxiety for the longest time. Umm.. 2012, if I’m not mistaken? But I’ve always had general anxiety. It went from stage fright and sweaty hands to the extreme case of panic attacks where I’ve passed out and had to be hospitalized on several ocassions. Those were dark times and I know how it is to be so confused and lost and embarrassed in a large crowd – on the floor, hyperventilating and not knowing what to do. It kills your self esteem and you go into this shell where you wanna hide from all of humanity.
You guys, I just wanna say that if you or anyone else have anxiety… it is completely normal and should not be stigmatized. An anxiety attack is basically fear of something that you either are or aren’t consciously aware of and your body responds in a way that it would if there really were a threat at hand.
1. Meditation : What really helps with anxiety is meditation. It is so relaxing and it ideally should be done twice a day – as soon as you wake up and before you go to bed for about… 15 minutes? Its really not a lot of time to spare. But this helps so much to just stop and breathe and centre your thoughts and emotions. It basically puts you in control and you get to block out the noise in your head. You get that private time with yourself and you can just analyse stuff that bothered you but do it productively.
2. Working out : Working out is so good for the body and it is so much better than having to take medication. Again – this puts your body in control and you feel stronger and healthier. It’s great for keeping yourself active and distracted. Plus, the results really help build self esteem. This was my daily go to activity for relieving stress.
3. Get Creative : This is something that’ll make you happier than you usually are and can help the attacks get less. Be it journaling or playing sports – do what makes your heart happy!
4. Travel : I cannot stress enough on how much this helps. A change in environment is good. By all means, go out with friends for a night out or something but what you really need is a long car drive or sitting in the sun on a camp site. You could go by yourself for your space or better yet, go with family and friends.
5. Be Prepared : An anxiety attack is definitely not something you can predict. Take precaution! Always carry stuff that you think you would need in your backpack in event of something like that happening. My blood pressure usually drops, so I carry a chocolate bar. I used to carry around paper bags because I would throw up sometimes. Its also good that you carry that to breathe in and out of slowly. This one sounds ridiculous but when I’d have attacks, my heart rate would shoot up real quick and I’d lose the sensation in my fingers. A stress ball or tiny soft toy or something can help with that. Wet wipes, hand sanitizer, a bottle of water and ORS should be on you at all times. Hey, you can have whatever you’d like! It’ll be totally unique to you! I’d also recommend a keychain or something with the details of someone you or anyone else can call for help in case you pass out.
6. Pets : I have a dog and he really is my best friend. Its so helpful and good for the soul when you get back home after a really crappy day and there is your little fuzzy friend to greet you. I read somewhere that animals really do relieve stress. Play with your dog or cat or hug the heck out of them.
7. WRITE! : Whether or not you are a writer, this one helps to put your thoughts in perspective. Often times, I’ve found myself frustrated and so stuck. The best way out of it was to write. It helps you vent, you note down the problem and you can read it as a third person AND while writing it out, you may find the answer in it yourself.
8. Stay Calm : If you’re having a bad day, tomorrow will be better. If you wanna train yourself with being in control… you have got to keep telling yourself that it is not the end of the world. Stop beating yourself up about things you cant control. Learn to let go of the past and stop worrying about the future. It is easier said than done but logically, for instance… you’re stressed about a test tomorrow. All you need to do is study. You cannot control the results you get. If you fail, that’s fine. You know that you tried and you can go for it again. Who in this lifetime hasn’t faced a set back? You need to mentally empower yourself! There is no one like you out there. Your differences make you, You!
If someone yells at you or tells you off for something that isn’t your fault, ignore it. Play deaf. Never ever take anything personal. Don’t go to sleep angry or upset. It has been proven that the thoughts left in your head 15 minutes before you go to sleep are then registered into your subconscious and you feed off of it everyday. Break that chain.
Staying calm is vital for you CNS (Central Nervous System) and mental peace. Stay calm, stay awesome.
9. Music : I am musically versatile and I’m not sure what your preferences are but I’d suggest you listen to something more upbeat or anything that makes you happier. Sometimes, people with anxiety get triggered by stuff, so anything associated to a good memory is always the best thing.
10. Love Yourself…. and everyone else : You need to put in extra effort to take care of yourself and make yourself feel good. You need to surround yourself with people who genuinely want your well being and enjoy your company. Change your environment. This is really important. Now when I say this – I mean you could do something as simple as changing your phone lockscreen to a picture of your girl or boyfriend. Change your room decor to something brighter. Put up pictures of yourself, places or people that make you happy. Set targets for yourself everyday and stick it somewhere till theyre all crossed out. Paint your room. Do whatever makes you happy. The anxiety can’t really kick in if you’re happy and busy.
Well, that’s all for now. I hope everyone has a thoroughly awesome day! I hope this was even a little bit helpful. If you have anxiety, its good to read positive quotes and watch inspiring videos. Have happy people around you that can give you assurance. Assure yourself. Dont worry about setbacks – they happen. If its social anxiety – nobody’s perfect. People are just like us. We all make mistakes. Dont worry about being judged or not accepted – what helps is to think that everyone is unique and entitled to an opinion. You do not require validation or bitterness. What matters is what you think of you. Love and respect yourself. Ooo… I forgot to mention… if you are someone who has recently been suffering with anxiety, dont be afraid to get help. It is so important. If medication helps you, go for it. I’d personally recommend therapy for a bit. If you choose to get better by yourself like I did… do be careful. The struggle is real. I chose to because I was told that medication could get you hooked or dependant. I’m not saying you should do what I did. Do whatever works for you, by all means and feel better soon! X (:
Until next time!
Waking up at 9 am and going.. “Shoot!” as you scramble and struggle to wake yourself up to be in time for school. You run out of the bathroom and look at the clock and you’re more late than ever! You hastily pack your bag-pack and hop around with one sock on your foot and uncombed hair. You look around for your shoes and spot them and as you bend over to get them, you fall over and hurt your knee. You’re effort on wearing that one sock went in vein as if flew dramatically off your foot to the other side of the floor like a parachute. You grab that and attempt again to put your shoes on. You comb your tangled hair and tie it untidily around your head and grab a piece of toast and your out the door.
You get on the bus and step on a stick of gum and have a hard time getting it off. When you reach school you’re given the death glare by the principal who questions you’re tardiness. You look at the floor without an explanation. “Get to class” and so you do. All those eyes starting at you as if to say “Ooo, busted!” You look away and find an empty spot and sit down. At class, you forget your notebook and that doubles your embarrassment. At the end of class you sigh and lay your head on the table. Your friends come to you and bring assurance of everything falling into place without it falling apart. At recess you hang with your friends and take a load off. You joke with them and suddenly everything melts away for that moment with you anxiously thinking “How long will it last?”
As school ends, you head back home in the scorching heat and get a bad sunburn. You’re upset because you aren’t allowed to play soccer. You watch T.V but there’s nothing good on. You get yelled at for your grades not meeting your parents “expectations” and as a result face the consequences on their “disappointment”. You float yourself to a place beyond consciousness and find your happy place. You listen to the music you most love and feel solitude and let your imagination take you to the very finest of destinations… Then you’re snapped back to reality by grumpy parents who would appreciate if you cleaned your room. Once again, you do as your told but when no one’s looking you make little bunnies with the bed covers. You never really did get the approval of people for being creative. It was always about “education is them most important thing” for which you said otherwise. You take out your drawing book and make a pretty sketch but then you begin to question your ability and say “Hey, their right… I’m not good enough” and rip it up and dispose of what could have been worth millions someday (Well, we all have the right to dream). Your day ends and you fall asleep again (You’re only real time of peace).
And I with my tangled hair and sloppy ways will rub my eyes the next morning and look at the few glares of the freshly arisen morning sun and smile gently to myself and tiredly carry myself through the next day with all my imperfections and take life as it comes. Yes, I’d do it all over again just to be appreciative of the fact that I do have another day to live.
“Well lets see what art form the universe will turn this situation into ” my friend said on Facebook today. He was having trouble with a friend and was at the risk of losing a friend. So he left his anger and problems to the decision of the universe. I said to him (this is the extract from the actual conversation) : “Universe huh? When you die, every speck of dust that is you, is returned to the universe and becomes a part of the soil we’re on. Did it ever occur to you that you are a part of the universe? So hence, while “living” so to speak, you get the right to choices that comprise the universe. Think of yourself as a fragment of dust.. which everyone is, really. Now when that dust comes to life your body is formed. You then gain intelligence and rationality… The universe has a tiny part of you in it. Since the dust makes you and you make the universe, you have a voice (literally). You have choices. You can choose what you want to do or how you wish to categorize something. Hence this incident isn’t up to the universe to make right but you. And why? Cause through out your living and being, you’ve made decisions. So why should the universe decide what to do with the situation that You created? The universe makes you and you create obstacles. Or they just happen. Either way, you are responsible for it as long as it’s in your path. The end of that path is light – It’s like an eclipse”